Wednesday, June 10, 2009

You Have the Right to Remain Silent

Did you hear about this? It was reported by Stephen Hayes from the 'weekly standard blog'

The Obama Administration has ordered FBI agents to read terrorists in Afghanistan their Miranda Rights.

In a March 2003 interview aired on CBS' "60 Minutes" President Obama said Guantanamo detainees do not "deserve" to be read Miranda rights.

But now they do? This is the kind of thing that conservatives once joked about as an outrageous sign that Liberals in power would go this far in ignoring terrorism. Now it has happened. Let me spell out to you how this is going to work here>

(Enemy combatant captured while placing an IED in the path of US Soldiers)

FBI to Terrorist: "You have the right to remain silent, you have the right to an attorney..."

Terrorist: "Really, that is more rights than I have here in Afghanistan, I should have attacked American Infidel's long ago. May I have my one SAT phone call to let my terrorist camp know that I am in your custody? (and to warn them to move)."

FBI to Terrorist: "Ahhh, Suuuuurrrre.. take all the time you need."

CIA questioning Terrorist: "What were you doing on that road with an IED in your hands?"

Terrorist: "IED? Hmmm, Yes I was following orders"

CIA: "we need you to tell us who you work for and where they are located, and any plans you know of to kill American soldiers"

Terrorist:"Or what, you'll tooooorrrrtttttuuuurrrrreeeee me? Ha-ha, I don't think so anyway I have rights here"

CIA: "Rights? What rights"

Terrorist: "Ask the FBI, I have the right to remain silent. So I will now exercise that right"


End of interview>>>

This is a terrible policy! If this is what we are dealing with then lets get our troops out now before any of our soldiers dies needlessly! Even our soldiers don't have the same rights as U.S. civilians and now the terrorists have more rights than our soldiers do? Give me a break!

You should be concerned, angry, and scared. Pray for our soldiers both here and abroad.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave your comments here. Unlike ABC.COM I do not Censor people for stating their opinions.


by David W. Andersen