Friday, April 24, 2009

Onigma

This started out titled Obama is an Enigma but I couldn't resist. I know it will get me labeled as a right wing extremist, racist and a(n) Insert link to MoveOn.Org's conservative label randomizer

An enigma is a speech or a speaker that is perplexing or puzzling.

To VP Joe Biden, stringing a coherent sentence together is an enigma. But what we can't figure out with Obama is why he does and says the things he does. Barack Obama having presidential power in his hands is like giving Barney fife a bullet for his revolver.. He's going to shoot himself in the foot every time.

I honestly think Mr. Obama isn't giving us his full attention. Have you ever tried to have a conversation with someone preoccupied with reading a book, newspaper or playing a video game? You get alot of 'uh huh's' and head nodding but that person isn't really engaged. Once they break out of their stupor, they say or do something germane to what they 'think' you were talking about and many times it's in-congruent with the discussion altogether. This is how I see Obama governing.. like his head is somewhere else. What an enigma!

Now I am sure I will be labeled as an 'enigma hater', but really what's a 'blogger' to do?

I suggest Mr. President, that you cut down on your social engagements (I would like to thank myself for throwing this great party), cut back on state of the union daily speeches (I had no idea people were organizing tea parties), give your teleprompter a chance to catch it's breath, and take a look around you to see what is going on in this country. Sorry to say that reading 10 hand picked letters a day (screened by your staff) isn't doing you any favors with us regular folks.

I know you are still smarting from the audaciousness of 'Joe the Plumber' who dared to confront you and tricked you into telling us the truth. But, it's time to get back on that horse. Even though us regular folks know we are going to get 'smeared' by you and MSNBC for standing up to you, it's what a democracy is founded on.

So please Mr. President, balance your check book and try to tamper your ego enough to give us as Americans (or for those of us who didn't vote for you. 'americans'), your full attention.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave your comments here. Unlike ABC.COM I do not Censor people for stating their opinions.


by David W. Andersen